AIRSTREAM FOOD TRUCK
Who does not want an airstream food truck for their business? Eye-catching, timeless design meets a huge, practical work area combined with all the benefits a trailer has over a regular food truck.
TYPES OF AIRSTREAM FOOD TRUCKS
VINTAGE AIRSTREAM FOOD
TRUCK OR CONCESSION TRAILER
A REAL BRAND
- We do love streetfood – but some chefs are just made for gourmet cooking and Michelin stars. It’s part of the brand.
- If your product and business are very high-end, luxury and exclusive, both you and your customers should happily pay extra for the brand.
A SMART INVESTMENT IN YOUR BUSINESS
- If maintained properly, an Airstream concession trailer has a high resale price at the end of a five or even seven year lease.
- Buying a vintage Airstream for a food truck conversion can be a very staggered process that you fund as you go. We are happy to park it in our storage, where it will be safe and dry, while we work on it and while you get the next installments.
- This means you can go grab that great deal on a ’76 Argosy Airstream you saw on Craiglist and not have to worry about funding the rest of the conversion immediately!
- Karpatia does not have an exclusive license to officially sell a brand new Airstream, so if you are buying new we can only offer a great deal on the conversion and kitchen equipment inside. The base trailer as provided by Thor Industries is very hard to get a good discount on.
- There is a very limited amount of high quality conversion specialists in the USA that we trust to do the work up to our standards, and they are often booked. Meaning: workshops including ours are at capacity most of the year, and it is usually faster to ship your Airstream from the USA to our crew in Europe and back – and cheaper, too – but this means the whole build process might take at least 6 months.
- Many Airstreams are for sale on Craigslist or other classifieds sites at any point in time. However, few are of great quality and listings are all over the place, from Colorado to Florida. Finding the right vintage trailer to convert is a significant time investment on your side. This is not necessarily a downside but it does mean a longer delivery vs. a standard rectangular concession trailer that can be built from scratch in 2-3 months
STAINLESS STEEL CUSTOM
BANG FOR YOUR BUCK
- Our Karpatia made stainless steel or aluminum trailers are the perfect balance of price and quality
- Not cheap, but truly great value
QUALITY AND VALUE
- From $50k or less if you order a small model, you can enjoy 60% to half the price of a brandname Airstream Food Truck!
- 100% guaranteed CE certified equipment that meets all EU, UK and USA county or state specific codes as fit for major Fortune / Dax listed brands and international 5-star hospitality chains.
- If maintained properly, our custom stainless steel and aluminum concession trailers have a high resale value at the end of a five or even seven year lease too.
- Need a higher ceiling, longer trailer or a different steel color like copper or gold? No problem. We can adjust and customize.
- Fiberglass options are available to more easily stay under Commerical Drivers License requirements (C class / truck license for EU customers)
- A lot is possible!
- Quality takes time and build time can take up to 4-6 months, depending on how your build is spaced out.
It might be your first airstream – it’s not ours. From coffeetrailers with a sit-in dining section to massive event catering units with row after row of deep fryers, we have a basic plan to get you rolling quicker.
No cash, no problem! Get pre-qualified by our finance partners or see if we can negotiate a more affordable loan option through our factory financing. Or you can put up a deposit or trade in your old model, we are flexible and will look for a way to work together.
Financing is possible for both new and used models.
website includedLearn More →
Starting a new business or doing a major upgrade?
We include our deluxe Food Truck Website package with any purchase of an Airstream or custom stainless steel trailer, allowing you to shine as bright online as offline.
Learn more about our website package by clicking below!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUTAIRSTREAMLearn more in our knowledge center ►
Conversion of a vintage, quality, original name brand Airstream to a food truck will be in the ballpark from €80k ($90k) including the trailer and equipment. Should you already have a high quality trailer and equipment procured, your total costs are still likely around that mark, but you won’t be paying us that much. This is because purely doing the conversion in terms of labor and materials will be priced transparently based on your end goal.
Yes, absolutely! That is how they all start out. Now if you are buying new, you can have your Airstream dealer leave the travel bits out. If you are buying used from us, Craigslist, Autoscout/Truckscout, Yandex, Marktplaats, etc… or a site like UsedVending, there may be an Airstream food truck for sale that is pre-converted to what you want to do. After all, an Airstream diner or an Airstream coffee trailer for sale might be all you’re looking for.
YOU – dear reader – probably mean roughly the same thing every time. But what we need to be mindful of is what your state and county define these terms as. For example, Lousianans may be surprised that New Orleans defines a “food truck” in their food truck permit as a dual-axle vehicle that can move under its own power. Unfortunately, there are no food truck permits for Airstream trailers, and they are not the only state-county combo doing this.
IS AN AIRSTREAM FOOD TRUCK
RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Click below to get a free quote and officially begin the process.